City of Toronto Summer and After-School Program Registration
Registration for the City's summer swim and skate programs and After-school Recreation Care (ARC) programs will commence on three separate dates.
Registration for these programs begins at 7 a.m. on:
- Saturday, June 3 for Scarborough and Etobicoke York
- Tuesday, June 6 for North York, Toronto and East York
- Monday, June 12 for After-School Recreation Care (ARC) programs for the upcoming 2017-18 school year for all districts.
The City is committed to improving the registration experience:
- Three separate registration dates will increase access to the registration system.
- Extended customer service call centre hours on June 1, 2 and 5 from 7:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. will help people get ready to register. Call 416-338-4386.
- Improvements have been made to the City website including easier navigation and more recreation planning tools.
Prior to registration day, residents are encouraged to get ready by following these steps:
Step 1: Get family and client numbers
Toronto residents need a family number and a client number for each family member. Call 416-338-4386 before registration day or speak with staff at a City community recreation centre to get these numbers.
Step 2: Choose programs
Visit http://www.toronto.ca/torontofun or refer to the printed Spring/Summer FUN Guide to browse and choose programs. Residents are encouraged to have a few program choices for each person in case their preferred program is full.
Step 3: Register
Registration starts at 7 a.m. so be sure to have all of your program choices and payment options ready. Registering online is the quickest and easiest way to register for programs.
Four ways to register:
- Online at http://www.efun.toronto.ca
- By phone. Touch Tone Registration (TTR) is available at 416-338-0000. Operator Assisted Registration is available at 416-338-4386.
- In-person at select locations. A list of these locations is available at http://www.toronto.ca/parks/registration, by calling 311 or by speaking to staff at a City community recreation centre.
After-School Recreation Care (ARC) programs
Residents can register for ARC online, by phone, or in-person. Register in-person at any civic centre during regular business hours Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (On June 12, in-person registration will begin at 7 a.m.) For more information about ARC programs, visit http://www.toronto.ca/arc.
Registration for our summer camps is ongoing. The City of Toronto offers camps to suit all children's interests, needs and abilities at a reasonable cost. Registration for camps and a listing of Toronto recreation programs is available at http://toronto.ca/torontofun.
Call 416-338-4386 and speak to a customer service representative to find locations with available space.
Let us know if you can't go
Recreation programs sometimes have waiting lists. If you are unable to attend the program you registered for, contact your local community recreation centre or call 416-338-4386 so the spot can be offered to someone else.
Welcome Policy credits are available for residents with low incomes to register for City recreation programs. Anyone receiving social assistance (Ontario Works) and living in Toronto is pre-approved to receive this credit and should speak to their caseworker. More information about the yearly credit is available at http://toronto.ca/wp.
Many community centres offer free recreation programs including leisure swimming, skating, drop-in programs and more for children, youth and older adults. More information about free and low-cost program options is available at http://toronto.ca/lowcostrecreation.
Older Adult Discount
Older adults (60 years and older) registering for adult programs receive a 50-per-cent discount in price.