Registration for Canoe Landing Child Care Centre
I couldn’t be more excited that construction is well underway on the new $77 million integrated multi-use public facility in CityPlace, opening this year, which will include:
- Canoe Landing Community Recreation Centre
- Canoe Landing Child Care Centre, serving 10 infants and 42 toddler and pre-school children
- Bishop Macdonell Catholic Elementary School, serving 550 children from kindergarten to grade eight
- Jean Lumb Public School, serving 550 children from kindergarten to grade eight
- Addition of a flexible event and market space facing the park, to be operated by a non-profit organization
This investment in the community will help ensure that families living in CityPlace and the surrounding high-density neighbourhoods will have access to the amenities and services necessary for a thriving, liveable, equitable community. For families in condos and apartments, the park is your backyard, and the community centre is your living room.
Registration for the child care centre will begin on Monday, April 29.
You can register online starting at 6:00 AM on April 29 by visiting https://www.sschto.ca/Canoe_Landing_Child_Care_registration_April23. Online registration remains open until May 2 at 7:00 PM.
You can also register in person on two occasions at St. Mary’s Catholic Elementary School (20 Portugal Square near Bathurst and Adelaide): Monday, April 29, 2:00-7:00 PM, and Thursday, May 2, 2:00-7:00 PM.
Registration open for new schools
Both school boards have opened registration for students to attend the schools starting with the new school year this September. They are also planning to provide before and after school care for registered students. You can find links to register with either school board at https://www.toronto.ca/canoelanding.