TTC Notice: Dundas Street West near Denison Avenue- Concrete Repairs
Starting April 9, the TTC will be conducting concrete repairs to a section of streetcar track allowance on Dundas Street West, west of Denison Avenue. The work is required to return the area to a state of good repair for all road users. Work will require concrete breaking/chipping and placing new concrete.
• Crews will occupy the streetcar track allowance (centre lane) to conduct the repairs.
• Traffic will be maintained in both directions through the work area.
• Some parking and turning restrictions will be required to create a safe work zone for the crew.
Work hours and timeline:
• The work zone will be established around 7 a.m. on the first day of work activity and will be in place until completion. Work should take approximately three days.
• Activities will include milling/breaking old concrete and placing new concrete. The majority of removal will be done between the hours of 7 a.m. and 9 p.m. Some overnight work may be necessary. Concrete will be placed afterwards and left to cure overnight.
• Lane restrictions through the work area will remain in place for approximately 24 hours after new concrete is placed to allow it to cure before vehicle traffic is allowed to travel over the repaired area.
TTC service changes:
The 505 Dundas streetcar route is currently operated with buses and will be maintained through the work area.
View the full meeting notice here.