TTC Notice - rail repair on King Street near Brant Street - March 20
A track repair on King Street West near Brant Street has been recently identified by the TTC that requires attention. 504/304 King streetcars are currently operating slower than normal through the area until the repair is conducted.
A TTC track crew is currently scheduled to start the rail repair at 7 p.m. on Tuesday, March 20 until 5 a.m. on Wednesday, March 21.
Traffic and parking details
- Track crews will occupy the streetcar lanes to conduct the repair.
- Traffic will be reduced to one lane in each direction (curb lanes) through the work zone for the duration of the work.
- The lane restrictions and work zone will be cleared by 5 a.m. on March 21 after the newly placed concrete has cured adequately for streetcar and road traffic.
This repair will be conducted during off-peak hours and overnight to ensure that disruption to 504 King streetcar service is minimal. The work will be continuous between 7 p.m. and 5 a.m. Efforts will be made to complete the repair as quickly as possible, allowing sufficient time for the concrete to cure by morning streetcar service.
TTC service – 7 p.m. Tuesday, March 20 until 5 a.m. Wednesday, March 21
- 504/304 King and 514 Cherry streetcars will divert both ways around the work area via Bathurst Street, Queens Quay and Spadina Avenue. Streetcars will resume regular routing at 5 a.m. on Wednesday, March 21.
- 504/304 King shuttle buses will operate on King Street between Strachan Avenue and University Avenue.
Please view the notice here for further information.